I tried to post an update yesterday but could not find the words.
Kev and I spent New Years Eve/ our Anniversary being admitted to the hospital for Sloane. She continutes to grow sicker and yesterday was showing enough signs of distress that they didn’t feel comfortable with us going home.
For a good bit of the day yesterday we feared that Sloane would have to be delivered with little hope for survival. After meeting with the lead surgeon it was decided that if she could make it to 30 weeks (next Saturday) they would be willing to try an Exit Surgery. This means Sloane would be partially delivered and they will try and remove the tumor while she is attached to the umbilical cord and then finish delivering her once she is stable.
This surgery would give her the best chance or survival but we need so many prayers to make it there. Sloane must hang on another week to get to the surgery and I must stay healthy enough to survive the surgery. Currently due to Sloane being sick I am carrying more than twice as much fluid as a normal pregnancy which has begun to cause a great deal of pain and discomfort along with some medical complications. At some point in the next few days we will have a procedure to remove some of that fluid so that it doesn’t cause any further issues that would prevent Sloane from making it to 30 weeks.
We covet your prayers now more than ever that:
Sloane will make it to 30 weeks
Sloane to experience the healing only God can provide
Wisdom for the doctor team to make the decisions needed and preparations required for such a rare surgery
God’s will to be done in Sloane’s life
Peace and comfort for our family as we navigate this – especially Jax and Em
Regardless of the outcome of the next few weeks Sloane has impacted our lives and taught us so much. While we pray we get to take her home at the end of this journey we know that may not be God’s plan for her life.
Just please hold us and her in your thoughts for the days ahead.