This is definitely not the update we wanted to make today.
Sloane has gotten progressively worse over the course of the week. After our ultrasound they squeezed us in for an echo to see if they could determine why she continues to grow sicker. Unfortunately as the tumor has continued to grow it has compressed her heart and that pressure is what they believe is causing her such distress.
We met again with the fetal care team to go over our options and unfortunately none of them have a great outcome. Kevin and I made the decision to not intervene further at this time and pray for God’s will to be done in Sloane’s life. We will continue to monitor her twice a week and pray hard that her little body find the strength to keep fighting.
We go back to Cincinnati on Monday which is also the day the Christmas star is suppose to appear for the first time in hundreds of years. We pray that we will receive a Christmas miracle and Sloane will look better Monday.
Our prayers are shifting a bit at this time and I humbly ask that you continue to pray for Sloane and our family. Please pray for:
Peace and comfort for our sweet Sloane
Peace and understanding for Kev, me and the kids
Wisdom as we continue to make decisions
Miracles to happen and Sloane to experience Godly healing
We do not understand why God chose this road for our little family yet but know he will provide us the strength to endure the road ahead.